Last Updated: November 15th, 2019
We collect information related to our Services and interactions directly from users, as well as from third parties. We may combine the information we collect from these various sources. The types of information we collect include:
- Account Information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, hotel/building and room number. In order to use SunVessel’s products and services, we also require you to provide your driver’s license number.
- Payment Information such as your credit card details and billing address in order to process your payments.
- Location Information. We collect location information with your consent when you sign up and use our services. We collect and store the location information associated with the IP address of the device you use to access the Services, as well as your mobile device’s location information using GPS or Bluetooth (you can change your location/Bluetooth settings for your mobile device; however, certain features may not be available if you do so).
- Trip and Usage Information. We collect trip and usage information such as journey start and stop times.
- Photo and Videos. We may collect photo and video information with your consent when you use our Services.
- Customer Service Information. When you ask for customer service, support or other assistance, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your requests and we may keep information about your engagement with our support services.
- Information from Third Parties. We receive information about you when we use third-party partners such as marketing and advertising partners.
- Information through Referrals. You can choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Services. When you choose to use our referral service, we may ask for your contact’s name and email address and automatically send your contact a one-time email on your behalf inviting him or her to use our Services.
WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information, including information about your location, to:
- Provide the Services to you at your request including to manage your account and ride history. - Monitor, track and service SunVessel products, including when they are in use by you. - Process payments, any discounts or special offers. Communicate with you about your account, interactions or transactions including service-related announcements such as changes to our policies. - For marketing and analytics purposes. - For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes. - To verify the identity of users and others with whom we interact. - To improve and develop new products and services. - To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media and other electronic messages, through our websites and applications. When you sign up for our Services, we may send you text messages using an automated telephone dialing system to the mobile phone number you have provided, and message and data rates may apply.
We disclose the information we collect, in the following ways:
- Business Partners. We may share your information with business partners who jointly sponsor programs, marketing and events with us.
- Service Providers. We use a variety of trusted service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing and payment processing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc.
- General Business Operations. Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions, to our tax advisors, legal counsel and other professional services entities or agents.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. We may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual, such as publishing a report on usage trends.
In connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of SunVessel’s business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding.
We use “cookies,” web beacons (a/k/a pixel tags), analytics devices and similar technologies (some of which are operated by third parties) to record your preferences, gather information about the use of our Services, personalize content and ads and track information about the performance of our advertisements. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic and make the Services easier and/or more relevant for your use. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you.
Cookies. These are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes and associate with small text files that we use to record certain information regarding your use of our online Services, your preferences and actions, and other device and usage data as described above. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, personalize your use of the Services, or otherwise allow us to track your activities while using our Services. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline or block cookies if you prefer. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser or device to decline or block these technologies, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed.
Pixel tags (a/k/a web beacons or clear GIFs). Pixel tags are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages or within emails. We or our service providers may use pixel tags in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of users of the Services, help manage content, measure ad performance and compile statistics about usage. We or our service providers may also use pixel tags in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Online Advertising. In order to display more relevant advertising on our Services, to manage our advertising on third-party sites, mobile apps and online services, and to measure and improve our ads and marketing efforts, we may work with companies such as Facebook, Google and other third-party social media companies, ad companies, ad exchanges, channel partners, measurement services and ad networks.
For more information and to exercise your choices regarding Facebook and Google ads:
You can also learn more about online advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers and opt out of interest-based advertising from many participating ad companies at www.aboutads.info.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION We take technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. We encourage you to take steps to protect your information and prevent unauthorized access to your password or account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION We retain your information a for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it is collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to establish, protect, or defend legal claims.
INTERNATIONAL USERS As a part of our services, your information may be transferred, accessed, stored and otherwise processed for the purposes described above, and subject to requests from law enforcement, in jurisdictions outside of your home jurisdiction in which we or our service providers operate. Some of these jurisdictions, including the United States, may not provide an equivalent level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge and agree to any such transfer, storage, or use.
YOUR CHOICES If you would like to update your preferences on the types of communications you receive from us, or opt out of marketingcommunications from us, you may do so at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the bottom of our emails. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as important notices, payment confirmations and transaction-related emails and other information about your use of the Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of SunVessel who are California residents to request certain information, once per year, regarding our disclosure of their personal information (as defined by California law) to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, or in the alternative, that we provide a cost-free means for consumers to opt out of any such sharing. To opt out of future sharing for these purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
(202) 869 2623